Nov. 08, 2013
From the Advisory Institute
Unlicensed software continues to be a multibillion revenue challenge for software companies. As technology and business models continue to evolve at a rapid pace, publishers and customers need to address emerging complexities in the software licensing landscape.
This report examines the extent of license compliance challenges software companies face today, and leading practices in license compliance management.
To address these topics, KPMG surveyed 31 software companies representing more than 50 percent of software industry revenue, where Gartner estimates enterprise software spending will total $301 billion this year. The web-based survey was conducted from February to April 2013.
Read the report to discover how these questions were examined:
- How do leading software publishers deal with customers that are not complying with contractual agreements?
- What steps are software companies taking to measure and reduce revenue and intellectual property leakage?
- Do compliance reviews performed by software companies jeopardize marketplace relationships?
- How are customers selected for compliance reviews?
- If license compliance breaches are found, what approaches are software companies taking to resolve them?
- Are recovery practices worth the effort for software publishers?
Global and U.S. Chair Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch