Revenue Recognition: Boards Decide on Contract Costs, Allocating Transaction Price and Sales-Based Royalties
Date: Jan. 02, 2013
This podcast provides a high level summary of recent decisions reached at the December 2012 Joint FASB and IASB Board meeting.
The boards made tentative decisions related to costs of obtaining a contract, allocating the transaction price to separate performance obligations and constraining the amount of revenue recognized on licenses of intellectual property.
The boards also decided against making additional modifications to the revenue model to address specific concerns of the telecommunications and cable/satellite television industries.
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch