The New 2012 Repair Regs - What They Are and How They Affect Your Company
Hosts: From TaxWatch
Date/Time: Jan. 11, 2012 | 2:00pm ET
KPMG LLP invites you to a special video webcast panel discussion on the just-released (and long-awaited) U.S. Treasury regulations that address the capitalization of costs incurred to acquire, maintain or improve tangible property ("Repair Regs").
The panel discussion will be led by Eric Lucas, former U.S. Treasury Department official and a key architect of the Repair Regulations. Mr. Lucas, who recently joined KPMG's Washington National Tax practice, will be joined by leading capitalization experts from KPMG's Washington National Tax practice: Lynn Afeman, James Atkinson, and Carol Conjura.
During the webcast, panelists will discuss the new regulations in detail, including:
- Background, intended scope, and application of the new Repair Regulations
- New capitalization standards, including special safe harbors and de minimis rules
- Industry specific guidance
- Effective dates, transition rules, and potential change in accounting method procedures
- The practical impact of these changes and their potential effect on pending IRS audits
- Next steps
Eric LucasEric Lucas joined KPMG's Tax Practice on October 3, 2011 as a principal in the Income Tax and Accounting group...
Carol ConjuraCarol Conjura is a Partner in KPMG's Washington National Tax Office, in the Income Tax and Accounting Group, a...
James L. AtkinsonJames L. Atkinson practices in the area of federal income taxation, with a focus on federal tax accounting iss...
Lynn M. AfemanA Director in the Income Tax & Accounting Group of KPMG's Washington National Tax Practice, Lynn serves as the...
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch