IT Demand Management -- Principles for Both Consumers of IT and Suppliers of IT
Date: May 20, 2014
From the Advisory Institute
From the Advice Worth Keeping podcast series
This episode hosted by Steve Bates, principal
KPMG LLP Advisory Services
IT, as a supplier of services, is in a bind. The IT organization wants to be the best internal service provider it can be, yet it's impossible to deliver infinite service to fulfill ever-expanding technological dreams of the business on a fixed budget. IT is caught with demand far in excess of supply, and no reliable process for aligning to the business.
N. Dean Meyer, author of Internal Market Economics: practical resource-governance processes based on principles we all believe in, as well as other acclaimed business-related books, explains the best way to balance demand and budget for IT services.
Listeners will gain an understanding of:
- How to ensure IT investments and opportunities are aligned with corporate strategy
- How to follow market economics and establish a governance process that allows the business – the consumer of IT resources – to control the IT budget
- Where CIO spending expectations and reality diverge
- What corporate IT must do to earn "vendor of choice" status
- How to get the benefits of charge backs – without charge backs
Duration: Less than 14 minutes
Activate the recording with the play button over the image at left
or download the audio file to use your device's media player.
Read Moving Information Technology From a Cost to an Investment to learn more about achieving success through Technology Business Management.
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch