TWIST - November 25, 2013
Date: Nov. 25, 2013
In this edition of TWIST for the week of November 25, 2013, State and Local Tax professional Sarah McGahan, from KPMG's Washington National Tax practice, covers the topics listed below. You can also listen to TWIST podcasts directly via iTunes.
- New York - Recently, the New York State Reform and Fairness Commission issued a 157-page report recommending certain changes to New York’s tax regime. Listen | Read
- Oklahoma - On November 18, 2013, legislation (S.B. 1140) was prefiled that attempts to addresses infirmities with a statute providing a deduction for certain capital gains included in federal taxable income. Listen | Read
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) - On November 18, 2013, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth court affirmed Tax Board and trial court rulings, addressing overpayments of Philadelphia’s Business Privilege Tax (now renamed the Business Income and Receipts Tax) as a result of IRS adjustments to federal taxable income. Listen | Read
- Tennessee - Recently, the Tennessee Department of Revenue issued a notice addressing the franchise/excise tax treatment of single-member limited liability companies (SMLLCs). Listen | Read
For more information about TWIST or to view archived episodes, please visit our TWIST homepage.
To receive TWIST e-mails each Monday morning, make sure that state, local and indirect is checked off as one of your topics of interest on the KPMG TaxWatch registration site.
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch