Nov. 07, 2012
While cost reduction has always been a prime driver, shared services is now viewed as a driver of efficiencies, value and fresh ideas across the entire organization.
Based on direct industry feedback and analysis, this white paper is the second in a series evaluating global business services (GBS) maturity as it relates to shared services. The foundational piece that sets the benchmark for GBS maturity models is Global Business Services Innovation -- Optimizing the Business Model for Competitiveness.
As GBS is expanding and organizations seek a wider array of benefits to drive cost and service improvements, three questions come to the forefront:
- What are the common elements and approaches to a leading shared services organization?
- What operational metrics and standards underpin excellence?
- What are the lessons learned and how can enterprises of all types use them to accelerate their own journeys?
In order to address these questions, the goals of this research study were to:
- Evaluate the maturity and focus of GBS strategies
- Detail operating assumptions for the different stages of maturity
- Derive a benefits and risk analysis for adopting different stages of maturity
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch