The Tax Transparency Debate
As businesses reach out across the globe seeking new markets, their tax policies as well as the amount of tax they pay are increasingly coming under close governmental and public scrutiny. With no signs of abating, the call for greater tax transparency is being echoed around the globe.
Corporate social responsibility, tax governance, enhanced transparency with tax authorities and "fair share" tax accountability are all topics increasingly debated. Stakeholders involved in this tax transparency debate are wide ranging and include taxpayers, tax authorities, the European Commission, G8 and G20 countries, and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Drawing on our global tax knowledge, industry experience, and global reach, companies turn to KPMG for tax transparency services because our professionals have experience in the tax policy considerations around transparency and a track record of helping companies managing large-scale tax transparency engagements.
Please click on the link below to access webcasts, articles and insights from KPMG professionals on the Tax Transparency Debate.
The Marketplace Fairness Act
On May 6, the U.S. Senate passed the Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA), which allows states to require online and other
Please click on the links below to access webcasts, articles and insights from KPMG professionals who examine the potential impacts of the MFA on compliance operations of U.S. businesses of all types.
- TWIST Podcast: House Judiciary Committee Releases Principles on Remote Sales Tax Legislation
- TWIST Podcast Transcript: House Judiciary Committee Releases Principles on Remote Sales Tax Legislation
- The Marketplace Fairness Act FAQs
- TGI Video Webcast - The Marketplace Fairness Act: What Does It Mean For You?
- TaxNewsFlash - What internet/state sales tax collection bill would, would not do
Webcasts and Video
- Gutman Connects BEPS and U.S. Tax Reform
- OECD Developments: Transfer Pricing Aspects of Intangibles and Documentation
- Tax Transparency and the OECD Action Plan on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting: The U.S. Government Perspective
- The OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Action Plan: Potential Implications for U.S. Multinationals
- Tax Transparency and the OECD Initiative on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting: Recent Developments and What Does It Mean for You?
- Partnership and S Corporation Discussion Draft
- Financial Products Discussion Draft
- Update on the American Taxpayer Relief Act and the Fiscal Cliff
- Gutman, Kies and Talisman Address the Fiscal Cliff and Tax Reform
Related articles and insights
Articles and insights from KPMG professionals who examine the potential business and individual implications of tax reform.
- OECD Action Plan on BEPS: Potential Implications for U.S. Multinationals
- The Marketplace Fairness Act: What Does it Mean for You?
- Financial Products Discussion Draft
- American Taxpayer Relief Act FAQs
- American Taxpayer Relief Act
- The Fiscal Cliff and the prospects for tax reform
- How to think about real tax reform
- Preparing for changes in estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes
- Outlook for individual tax rates in 2013 and beyond
- A discussion of territorial taxation
- Taxing business income earned outside the U.S. - survey report
Creating a tax reform "readiness" framework
KPMG's outlook for business tax reform can help companies create a "readiness" framework that can enable them to make better informed business decisions when tax reform is enacted.
Components of the framework include crystallizing a perspective on tax reform, analyzing the details and legislative proposals, and facilitating preparation for transition when tax reform happens.
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch