By KPMG's International Executive Services practice | April 03, 2013
Embarking on an international assignment can be an exciting career opportunity for many employees. At the same time, anyone who is preparing for an international assignment likely has a number of questions and concerns.
Moving to a new location, especially a new country, requires attention to many details, and employees need to evaluate the opportunity from various perspectives, including:
- What lasting impact will the assignment have on your career?
- What personal adjustments must be made by you and your family?
- What is the financial impact to you and your family?
This easy-to-read guide addresses some of the more commonly asked questions by employees regarding international assignments. It covers issues such as cost-of-living allowance, housing allowances, tax reimbursement, tax compliance, assignment preparation, relocation, children's education, home leave and more.Your Assignment Abroad: The 50 Most Common Concerns
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch