BEPS | Tax Transparency
The Tax Transparency Discussion
As businesses reach out across the globe seeking new markets, their tax policies as well as the amount of tax they pay are increasingly coming under close governmental and public scrutiny.
With few signs of abating, the call for tax transparency is being echoed around the globe. Stakeholders involved in the tax transparency discussion are wide ranging and include taxpayers, tax authorities, the European Commission, G8 and G20 countries, and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The OECD's coordinated Action Plan for the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project responds to growing concerns among OECD and non-OECD countries alike about the risks to tax revenues, tax sovereignty and tax fairness that BEPS behaviors pose, in particular when these results lead to unanticipated double nontaxation.
KPMG BEPS Insight Network
The question is not whether the OECD's BEPS project will affect multinational enterprises, but when and to what extent.
To help your company be ready, consider the KPMG BEPS Insight Network, a paid subscription service that provides several layers of crucial and timely information, analysis, and insights on BEPS-related developments.
Accessible via a Web-based portal, the KPMG BEPS Insight Network provides subscribers with analyses prepared by professionals from KPMG International's network of member firms through searchable summaries of breaking developments; a newsletter and feature articles; an on-line discussion forum for subscribers; Webcasts and subscriber-access-only conference calls; and a dedicated e-mail address for subscribers to learn more about developments.
More on KPMG BEPS Insight Network
To learn more about KPMG BEPS Insight Network, read:
For more information about subscribing, visit the KPMG BEPS Insight Network site.
Visit BEPS/Tax Transparency in TaxNewsFlash for an archive of alerts. The most recent alerts include:
- France – Draft Guidelines for Interest Deductions on Related-Party Loans, April 16
- OECD – Comments on Tax Challenges of Digital Economy Published, April 16
- Canada – Intersection of BEPS and Possible Transfer Pricing Changes, April 15
- OECD – Transfer Pricing Documentation, Country-by-Country Reporting Consultation (May 19), April 15
- OECD – Comments on Preventing Treaty Abuse Published, April 11
Videos & Webcasts
- April 15—OECD's Discussion Drafts on Action 2 of BEPS Action Plan, Eliminating Hybrid Mismatches
- March 28—OECD's Discussion Draft on Action 6 of BEPS Action Plan, Preventing Treaty Abuse
- February 7—Transfer Pricing Documentation and Country-by-Country Reporting Discussion Draft, OECD's Discussion Draft on Action 13 of the BEPS Action Plan
- What Do I Need to Know about the OECD's BEPS Action Plan? Michael Plowgian and Manal Corwin review in five-minute video.
- How Does the BEPS Initiative Relate to U.S. Tax Reform? Hank Gutman explains in four-minute video.
KPMG on Tax Transparency and BEPS
- BEPS Action Plan: A Case Study of the Potential Implications for a U.S.-Based Multinational, Tax Notes International
- Tax Executives Polled on OECD's Transfer Pricing Documentation and Country-by-Country Discussion Draft—A Tricky Balancing Act?
- Tax Executives Polled on BEPS—Knowledge Gap Grows as International Tax Policy Concern Spreads
- Global Tax Reform: OECD Efforts on BEPS and Transparency, Tax Notes
- White Paper—A New Era in International Tax: Tax Morality, Transparency, and BEPS
- White Paper—Tax Transparency – A U.S. Perspective
KPMG Tax Transparency Services
KPMG LLP has put in place an experienced team of tax professionals to provide clients with Tax Transparency Services. Working with professionals from the KPMG International network of member firms, our professionals draw on their deep international tax knowledge, extensive industry backgrounds, and experience in tax policy considerations to help companies address their tax transparency needs.
Quick Links to OECD Materials
BEPS Action Plan Discussion Drafts
- Browse KPMG Services
- Give Feedback
- Subscribe to RSS News Feeds
- Listen to Podcasts
- View Webcasts on Demand
- See Upcoming Events
Things You Can Do
Register for KPMGInstitutes.com
As part of the KPMG Institutes online community, you'll be able to participate in Webcasts, access premium content, post comments, rate research and provide valuable insight supporting critical business topics and industry issues.
KPMG Institutes Network
- KPMG Advisory Institute
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute
- KPMG Global Energy Institute
- KPMG Global Enterprise Institute
- KPMG Government Institute
- KPMG Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
- KPMG IFRS Institute
- KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
- KPMG Tax Governance Institute
- KPMG Financial Reporting Network
- KPMG TaxWatch